Yesterday was supposed to be THE day. The day that I got my wedding dress!! There was all the excitement & the feeling that this is now real. I get to the store & was quite disappointed.
Let me start by saying that each experience so far while dress shopping has been wonderful. Every person has seemed happy to help & more than willing to go the extra mile. That was until yesterday. I arrive to pick up my dress and am stuck waiting for over ten minutes before someone finally grudgingly greets my group. I tell the sales person I am here to pick up a wedding dress & this person is just overwhelmed with joy at the prospect of helping (can you sense my sarcasm??) So Little Miss Sunshine goes to get my dress. She comes back & seems perfectly content to just hand over the dress & be done with me. Seriously!? Is there anyone in the world who would honestly just walk out of the store without trying on their WEDDING DRESS to make sure it fits? So I convince her that I would like to try the dress on. At this point she has pretty much ruined my wedding dress high. I try to convince myself to get back into the "savor every moment" mind frame. I put the dress on & there on the front of the dress near my right hip is a spot. Granted, it is tiny & logically I know that no one would probably ever notice that it was even there. However, this is brand new, it should be perfect right? In addition to the issue if the spot I am quite confused by the size. Every time I have been dress shopping all I have heard is how the dress I order will be smaller than the dresses in the stores because the samples have been tried on by so many people. As I am putting my dress on & expecting to be overcome by this magical feeling because my dress is supposed to fit like a glove I realize that it doesn't fit at all. The dress is too big. Oh the disappointment. Yes it can be altered but none of us (my mom, sister & future mother-in-law) remember the dress being this big.
Well, in comes the manager to save the day. I tell her about the spot, she assures me it will be taken care of. Then she asks about the size. I tell her my concerns & she immediately brings me a sample of the next size smaller & TA DA - the magical feeling is there. Dress number 2 fits great! So now I am having my second wedding dress ordered.
Never thought I would be the difficult bride. Glad I shopped early!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment