Friday, November 6, 2009

What good did worrying ever do...

So I have been a horrible slacker. Obviously it has been a great while since I've contributed anything. I apologize. Life is kind of up in the air right now. I feel as if the wedding plan has come to a stop. It seems that we are down to definite decision making time about some things & they just aren't being made. Major decisions like the honeymoon, the cake, the invitations. These are the ideas that we've tossed around & investigated & discussed for a while but we can't seem to ever make a decision. I know we have about 6 1/2 months to go. I have this feeling that I will blink & that's going to fly by & we will be no further along than we are now. And that thought just scares the daylights out of me. I plan to make a much better effort for all the planning now, I have no choice. Wish me luck!!!

I'm also a little stressed about the selling of my place right now. My future husband & I are going through what I assume many people go through, especially those who wait a little longer to get married. We have both been out on our own. So in turn we both own our own homes. We have discussed many times that we wouldn't trade our life experience for anything. I am glad we will be 27 & 28 when we get married. We both feel that for us personally there is no possible way that were mature enough to be ready to marry when we were younger. It is great for some people, I am not disputing the fact that some people marry younger & it works out great - just not for us.

I know we will get through this & everything will work out in the end. We had both just hoped & prayed that we would not have to carry both mortgage payments, that my condo would sell before the wedding. As of now it appears that we may not be so lucky. It will be fine, it will make us stronger - or so I keep telling myself. My fiance is the optimist. Me, not so much. I am trying my best to have faith that it will all work out but I am a worrier. There is no point in denying it. It is the truth. I worry, I stress, I think, I analyze.

Thank you Mom for passing that trait on to me, I appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment